Claire is a Lecturer in the Water Group in the School of Engineering at Newcastle University. Her research interests focus on long-term change in both natural environments and urban systems, with a strong focus on water security and sustainable infrastructure.
Claire is Co-Director of the National Green Infrastructure Facility, a unique at-scale demonstration research facility hosted by Newcastle University. She has a number of active research projects globally, considering a range of water security challenges working in Bangladesh, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Malaysia and Uganda.
- Frantzeskeki N, McPhearson T, Kendal D, Bulkeley H, Dumitri A, Walsh CL, Noble K, Van Wyk E, Ordonez C, Oke C, Pinter L. Nature-based solutions for urban climate change adaptation: linking the science, policy and practice community for evidenced based decision-making. BioScience 2019, 69(6), 455-466.
- Walsh C, Stirling R, Stott K, Cherry B. Putting green infrastructure to the test for urban catchments. Water Industry Journal 2018, (8), 48-49.
- Palmero V, Walsh CL, Dawson RJ, Fichera A, Inturri G. Multi-sector mitigation strategies at the neighbourhood scale. Journal of Cleaner Production 2018, 187, 893-902.
- Bridgens B, Powell M, Farmer G, Walsh CL, Reed E, Royapoor M, Gosling P, Hall J, Heidrich O. Creative upcycling: reconnecting people, materials and place through making. Journal of Cleaner Production 2018, 189, 145-154.
- Carhart C, Bouch C, Walsh CL, Dolan T. Applying a new concept for strategic performance indicators. Infrastructure Asset Management 2016, 3(4), 143-153.
- Dolan T, Walsh CL, Bouch C, Carhart N. A conceptual approach to strategic performance indicators. Infrastructure Asset Management 2016, 3(4), 132-142.
- Walsh CL, Blenkinsop S, Fowler HJ, Burton A, Dawson RJ, Glenis V, Manning LJ, Jahanshahi G, Kilsby CG. Adaptation of water resource systems to an uncertain future. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 2016, 20, 1869-1884.
- Brown S, Aplin KL, Jenkins K, Mander S, Walsh C, Williams PD. Freewheelin' scientists citing Bob Dylan Weather scientists cite Bob Dylan too. BMJ 2016, 352, i265.
- Sayers P, Walsh CL, Dawson RJ. Climate impacts on flood and coastal erosion infrastructure. Infrastructure Asset Management 2015, 2(2), 69-83.
- Brown S, Aplin KL, Jenkins K, Mander S, Walsh CL, William PD. Is there a Rhythm of the Rain? An analysis of weather in popular music. Weather 2015, 70(7), 198–204.
- Walsh CL, Glendinning S, Castán-Broto V, Dewberry E, Powell M. Are wildcard events on infrastructure systems opportunities for transformational change?. Futures 2015, 67, 1-10.
- Castán Broto V, Glendinning S, Dewberry E, Walsh CL, Powell M. What can we learn about transitions for sustainability from infrastructure shocks?. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2014, 84, 186-196.
- Powell M, Glendinning S, CastanBroto V, Dewberry E, Walsh C. Shaped by Shock: Staff on the Emergency Department 'Shop Floor'. Anthropology in Action 2014, 21(2), 14-22.
- Dawson RJ, Walsh CL, Purnell P, Rogers CDF. Briefing: Infrastructure business models, valuation and innovation for local delivery. Infrastructure Asset Management 2014, 1(3), 66-67.
- Heidrich O, Dawson RJ, Reckien D, Walsh CL. How prepared are UK cities for addressing climate change adaptation and mitigation?. Urbanization and Global Environmental Change Viewpoints 2014, 10, 17-21.
- Walsh CL, Roberts D, Dawson RJ, Hall JW, Nickson A, Hounsome R. Experiences of integrated assessment of climate impacts, adaptation and mitigation modelling in London and Durban. Environment and Urbanization 2013, 25(2), 361-380.
- Walsh CL, Glendinning S, Dawson RJ, England K, Martin M, Watkins CL, Wilson R, Glenis V, McLoughlin A, Parker D. Collaborative platform to facilitate engineering decision-making. Proceedings of the ICE - Engineering Sustainability 2013, 166(2), 98-107.
- Heidrich O, Dawson RJ, Reckien D, Walsh CL. Assessment of the climate preparedness of 30 urban areas in the UK. Climatic Change 2013, 120(4), 771-784.
- Walsh C, Fowler H, Kilsby C, Black A. Role of hydrology in managing consequences of a changing global environment. Hydrology Research 2012, 43(5), 548-550.
- Walsh CL, Dawson RJ, Hall JW, Barr SL, Batty M, Bristow AL, Carney S, Dagoumas A, Ford AC, Harpham C, Tight MR, Watters H, Zanni A. Assessment of climate change mitigation & adaptation in cities. Urban Design and Planning 2011, 164(2), 75-84.
- Orr H, Large ARG, Newson M, Walsh CL. A predictive typology for characterising hydromorphology. Geomorphology 2008, 100(1-2), 32-40.
- Walsh CL, Kilsby CG. Implications of climate change on flow regime affecting Atlantic salmon. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 2007, 11(3), 1127-1143.
- Mayes WM, Walsh CL, Bathurst JC, Kilsby CG, Quinn RF, Wilkinson ME, Daugherty AJ, O'Connell PE. Monitoring a flood event in a densely instrumented catchment, the Upper Eden, Cumbria, UK. Water and Environment Journal 2006, 20(4), 217-226.