Role at Tyndall
Prof Crawford-Brown was Director of the Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation Research at the University of Cambridge (retired), Emeritus Professor of Environmental Sciences and Policy at the University of North Carolina, and a member of the Tyndall Council.
Research is in uncertainty analysis, decision theory, risk assessment, policy analysis and the secondary health benefits of reductions in carbon dioxide emissions.
- deNazelle, B. Morton, M. Jerrett and D, Crawford-Brown, "Short Trips: An Opportunity for Reducing Mobile-Source Emissions?", Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 15, 451-457, 2010.
- R. Raucher, S. Rubin, D. Crawford-Brown and M. Lawson, "Benefit-Cost Analysis for Drinking Water Standards: Efficiency, Equity, and Affordability Considerations in Small Communities", Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, 1, 1-22, 2011.
- Y. Li and D. Crawford-Brown, "Assessing the Co-Benefits of Greenhouse Gas Reduction: Health Benefits of Particulate Matter Related Inspection and Maintenance Programs in Bangkok, Thailand", Science of the Total Environment, 409, 1774-1785, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Sources, Risks and Mitigation of Radioactivity in Water", in Treatise on Water Science, Oxford Academic Press, 59-67, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "The Precautionary Principle in Environmental Regulations for Drinking Water", Environmental Science and Policy, 14, 379-387, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Sustainable Development", Handbook of Sustainability Management, ed by C. Madu and C. Kuei, Imperial College Press, London, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, L. Pakianathan and N. Osborne, "Climate Change Adaptation and Underground Rail Transit Systems", Journeys, 2011.
- Skelton, D. Guan, G. Peters and D. Crawford-Brown, "Mapping Flows of Embodied Emissions in the Global Production System", Environmental Science and Technology, 45, 10516-10523, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, T. Barker, A. Anger and O. Dessins, "Ozone and PM Related Health Co-benefits of Climate Change Policies in Mexico", Environmental Science and Policy, 17, 33-40, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown and S. Crawford-Brown, "Cumulative Risk Assessment Framework for Waterborne Contaminants", Journal of Environmental Protection, 3, 5, 400-413, 2012.
- S. Kelly, D. Crawford-Brown and M. Pollitt, "Building Performance Evaluation and Certification in the UK: is SAP fit for Purpose?", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, 9, 6861-6878, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Assessing the Sensitivity of Climate Change Targets to Policies of Land Use, Energy Demand, Low Carbon Energy and Population Growth", Journal of Environmental Protection, 3, 12, 1615-1624, 2012.
- S. Kelly, M. Shipworth, D. Shipworth, M. Gentry, A. Wright, M. Pollit, D. Crawford-Brown and K. Lomas, "Predicting the Diversity of Internal Temperatures from the English Residential Sector using Panel Methods", Applied Energy, 102, 601-621, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown, Pi-Cheng Chen, Hsiu-Ching Shih and Chia-Wei Chao, Climate Change Air Toxic Co-Reduction in the Context of Macroeconomic Modelling, Journal of Environmental Management, 125, 1-6, 2013.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "The Role of Advanced Biological Data in the Rationality of Risk-based Regulatory Decisions", Journal of Environmental Protection, 4, 3, 238-249, 2013.
- Jun Li, D. Crawford-Brown, M. Syddall, and D. Guan, "Modeling imbalanced economic recovery following a natural disaster using input-output analysis", Risk Analysis, 2013.
- D. Crawford-Brown, M. Syddall, D. Guan, J. Hall, Jun Li, K. Jenkins and R. Beaven, "Vulnerability of London's economy to climate change: Sensitivity to production loss", Journal of Environmental Protection, 2013
- D. Crawford-Brown., “Greenhouse Gases and Climate Change Risk Reduction”, Sustainability and Disaster Risk Management, 1, 9-14, 2014.