Tyndall Scientists in top 1% of the world’s most highly cited researchers
Tyndall scientists have been named in the top 1% of the world’s most highly cited researchers. The list identifies scientists and social scientists who have demonstrated significant influence through publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade. In the list are:
- Prof. Robert Nicholls, Director of Tyndall Centre (UEA)
- Prof. Corinne Le Quéré, Professor of Climate Change Science and former Tyndall Director (UEA)
- Prof. Phil Jones, Professor of Environmental Sciences and former Director of the Climatic Research Unit (UEA)
- Prof. Nick Pidgeon, Professor of Environmental Psychology (Cardiff)
- Prof. Lorraine Whitmarsh, Professor of Environmental Psychology (Cardiff)
- Prof. Wouter Portinga, Professor of Environmental Psychology (Cardiff)
Researchers were selected for their exceptional performance in one or more of 21 fields, with the 2019 analysis using papers that were published and cited between 2007 and 2017.
The methodology draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts from the Institute for Scientific Information at the Web of Science Group.