- e-mail address
- First Name
- University of Southampton
- +44 (0) 23 8059 4796
- Postal Address
Faculty of Engineering and the Environment and Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Southampton,
- Current Position
- Research Fellow
- Role at Tyndall
Dr Sally Brown is interested in coastal geomorphology and the impacts of sea-level rise at local and global scales. Since 2008, she has been Research Fellow at Southampton which is part of the Tyndall network.
- Research Interests
* Impacts and costs of sea-level rise and climate change;
* Adaptation to sea-level rise and coastal change;
* Physical and human effects of geomorphic change on the coast, and management response;
* Soft cliff morphology and retreat;
* Impacts of coastal structures on adjacent coastlines.
To assess the impacts of sea-level rise, she uses the Dynamic Interactive Vulnerability Assessment (DIVA) model. DIVA assesses the global and regional vulnerability of sea-level rise and subsequent impacts, such as land loss, people flooded and the associated costs. Her post-doctoral research using DIVA has covered the impacts of sea-level rise, globally, European-wide, in Africa, Maldives and Peru, whilst her PhD studies (awarded 2008) on cliff retreat, coastal management and crenulate bay formation focused much more on UK examples.
Publication List: http://www.tyndall.ac.uk/biblio/author/1732
- Personal website
- Member for
- 4 years 2 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- News item